2010-10-14

Money, money, money...

Would you put carrot in an orange juice drink? Or tomato in a strawberry? Would you, would you really? You wouldn't. Because it tastes foul. But China goes ahead and does it anyway.

Went with Daisy and Jesse to see Inception. It was in English with Chinese subtitles and I felt for whoever had had to translate. If you have seen the movie it gets quite abstract and that's when it gets hard to interpret right.

As you can see, the fact that I was pondering the difficulties of translation meant that I wasn't exactly enthralled by the film. It makes itself out to be pondering the difference between dreams and reality- you know like Deep Philosophy. But it was boring. Just various men blowing things up/gun battles. I like a bit more wordplay. And less ooo you shouldn't make dreams out of memories...

Anthony told me about a teaching job that I have emailed his boss about. The boss has replied and I thnk I will be meeting him on Monday for a mini-interview. The job is teaching a class of primary school children for around 15 hours a week- earning around 5000元 a month. Which works out at over 100元 an hour-10pounds roughly. Which is only 2pounds less than what Mum gets and she has a degree and training:P. This should mean that I could save a couple of thousand pounds while I'm out here. I'll probably spend some of it on travelling but the rest is going in the kitty. It'll be good to be paid in yuan- no more bank fees for changing currency! But we shall see if it materialises.

Today I did something rather drastic- at least for me:P I now have a centre parting in my hair and not a side one! This sounds small but is probably the biggest change I've made to my hairstyle in 5 years... I don't dare cut it off as I don't think I could bear to part with it. And dying it is such a faff-other than just sticking highlights in now and again.It does feel strange to have hair around the right side of my face- and I can feel it wanting to revert back to the original parting.

No comments: