2010-10-11

I Can Haz Internet

So today did not go entirely to plan when I woke up this morning still feeling ill. I'd spent pretty much the whole night coughing and tossing and turning so this probably hadn't helped. I bravely decided to skip class and stayed in bed feeling a bit manky instead. I was missing the oral class and as I had no voice, there wouldn't really have been much point in going. I roused myself eventually and had lunch with Becka before heading off to buy some more Internetz for our rooms. This involved going to a different building to our normal one. This one is quite dishevelled and there are great chunks missing from the staircase. A lot of windows and doors are boarded up but there are still signs for classrooms so I don't know if people are taught in it or not. At the top of this is a small room filled with various bleeping machines and two Chinese Computer Nerds who sit hunched behind a desk, surrounded by fast food packages, playing computer games. I think they spend their time here hiding from their mothers. We bought another month's worth and then I headed back and Becka headed off to buy an electronic dictionary. Predictably my internet didn't work straight out so I had to go all the way back and slog up to the tallest tower and get them to sort it out, which they did very swiftly. So now I have internet again:D

Why does nothing ever work first time out in China?

On the way there a small dog nipped me on the leg. I was wearing jeans so it didn't hurt. It was more the principle of thing. I would have kicked it but I was wearing flip-flops and didn't fancy losing a toe so just hissed at it and carried on.

No comments: