2011-04-16

God? Was that you?

I had a divine intervention today.

After studying and teaching for 9 hours yesterday, and then partying with my classmates until 2am in a Chinese club (hate Chinese clubs- no room to dance but I do get lots of free drinks), and then teaching this morning (owowowow) I had made a life-or-death dash to a western restaurant for their Soup of the Day (pumpkin) and lovely, lovely tea. I only had a small amount of time but I needed pumpkin soup and tea. Needed. Restoring me slightly, I caught the bus to my next place of work. As I was only going for one stop I just jumped on one I thought was going where I wanted. However when we reached my stop the bus just sailed on by. This caused me some misery. The next stop would mean a 7 minute walk to work instead of 1 minute. I had 2 minutes before class. My heart sank and I was full of woe...

But no sooner had I thought that life was losing its appeal, there was a loud BANG and a tire blew on the bus. It wobbled a bit before coming to a halt in a cloud of smoke, having travelled only 50m past where I had wanted to get off. Hardly believing my luck, I leapt off and buzzed off to work, leaving the bus driver and passengers to gather around the wheel and wonder why the westerner had shot off at such speed...

Convenient, no?

In other news, Starbucks gives you free cake if, having finished teaching at 8, you are sad enough to be still doing homework at 10pm in their cafe...like me...

Normally Sunday is my sacred day off. But I got a text from a friend's work saying they want me to go and substitute tomorrow because two of their teachers broke their legs when a stairwell collapsed under them, so I'm helping them out. Makes you feel safe, doesn't it?

No comments: