2011-07-12

Goodbye QIngdao

My last few days in Qingdao were mostly spent packing. I have a lot of stuff.

However I did find time to say goodbye to friends, which is definitely a downside of moving so much. You make good friends, and then you leave them.

Becka's family is here too and we went to eat sushi together. The problem was Becka's family are quite Liverpudlian and got a bit fed up of raw food and longed for something cooked... However we ordered too much and when we tried to send some back the woman in charge came and berated us for wasting food. The rest we didn't eat I balled up in tissue and hid in my bag so she wouldn't see.

She said I was pretty because I have thin legs.

Sara and I went to buy train tickets. We queued for over an hour. Then we went to look at the famous pier here but it was so misty we couldn't see the end. There were people everywhere. Then we went to the cathedral and there were around 20 brides having their photo taken. Then we left but it was so crowded we spent ages trying to find a bus and in the end walked out of the area to catch a bus. I taught Sara some chinese characters.

I also took Sara to see Lao mountain. It was very foggy so we couldn't really see much and crawling with tourists.

Predictably the last day was beautiful clear weather. Qingdao is very pretty in the sun. We went to the shiny modern marina and Sara agreed that this was a non-shit part.

Then we piled all our stuff in a taxi (a LOT- partly because I had Becka's guzheng which is slightly longer than a car width...) and left.

Goodbye Qingdao.

No comments: