2011-06-30

Goodbye Ghassan

Tuesday night was Ghassan's last night in Qingdao (I believe he is back in Germany at this very moment) and so we all had dinner together at a small restaurant. So small, we had to sit outside in classic English BBQ weather-threatening to rain at any moment. The food was alright- although we ordered a lot of spicy dishes which didn't do me any good. After that we headed off to Dairy Queen although slightly haphhazardly. Daisy saw a 125 bus and raced it 200m to the bus stop while the rest of us stared bemusedly after. As we were 5 we still needed 2 taxis and in the confusion I ended up in one and the other 4 got in their own. My taxi driver ran a tactical race and instead of turning right up Ningxia Road turned left and went down Donghai Road. The conventional route is to turn right but my guy went for the right strategy and we won.

Then we said goodbye to Ghassan. Rather sad as he is the first to leave and it brought home how short a time I have left- fewer than 2 weeks.

Then we went to see the revamp of Le Bang. I'd heard from a friend of mine it was shit. It has gone from dingy, dark, grungy hole to a light and airy, bourgeois restaurant/cafe. My friend, I think, perferred the former...

I'm tired, and cannot wait for exams and teaching to finish.

No comments: