2010-09-14

I Don't Eat Things With Tentacles

Was quite excited today as discovered that we have a day's holiday on the 22nd- Mid-Autumn Festival, and from the 1st October to the 10th for Nationall Day. This means Becka and I can go wedding dress shopping with Ruth in Suzhou after all :D

Finally managed to post a letter to Hugo today. I wrote it at least a week ago but I was determined to send it so off it went. I'm interested to see if it gets anywhere near England and if a reply gets anywhere near me. Maybe I should have more faith?

Jesse, Becka and I had kebaby things for dinner. We made the mistake of ordering two of everything. Ended up with unidentifiable chunks of meat on a skewer along with some very small very flat fish, cloves of garlic, something wierd, two chicken necks and a bloody octopus. I don't eat things with tentacles. Ever. I didn't try the necks either. We had a lot of fun trying to work out what they were at first- Becka fancied lamb penis but I was going with cat leg. Oh well. Ended up feeding quite a bit to the stray cat that was suddenly my New Best Friend. Then some big ugly motherfucker of a cat rolled up and it scurried off.

Wierd moment of the day: man with a carrier bag full of beer. As in filled with beer, not beer in cans. Wierd.

1 comment: