2011-05-30

Bikinis and booze

We went to the beach on on Saturday as it was Daisy's birthday and her Beijing based Cambridge friends had come down. They all wore bikinis which I didn't mind but the problem was they were the only ones. The Chinese dont wear them so they just attracted a lot of attention and men annoyed us by taking photos and being a bit too close.

A small child came over and started playing with me. We lined all his toys up and counted them in Chinese. Then he surprised me by doing it in English too-although he ran out of steam at 6. He was wearing designer clothes so I suspect someone has rich parents. He complimented me on my white skin which was quite smooth for a 4 year old.

For dinner we ate teppanyaki which I swear is my favouritest thing ever. So good.

After that I detached to go to a friend's house and we stayed up to watch the football. A friend's cousin was there and insisted on drinking Laoshan beer, which is the cheap beer in Qingdao, Laoshan being a famous mountain nearby. I have a more discerning taste and insist on 青啤, qingpi, aka Qingdao beer. The thought this was funny...

Didn't Barcelona make Man U look like Qingdao Sea Bulls? (The local footy team. And crap.)

I got home just after 4:30 and it was pretty much light. Qingdao's far off mountains looked very pretty in their blue against the pink sky.

No comments: