2011-01-04

Money Matters

I went to the bank to get some US dollars to use when in Vietnam. I had to withdraw some People's Money first as I wasn't allowed to buy the dollars with my pound sterling-filled debit card. I bounced in to the Qingdao branch of the Bank of China and eventually, after a few false starts, found the desk where you buy dollars.

"Please fill out this form"
"And this one"
"And sign here"
"Where are you going?"
"What is your passport number"
"Your address"
"Sign here"

Eventually, after giving them details of my mother's maiden name, my inside leg measurements and what I had for dinner yesterday, I handed over a large wad of red notes to be given 3 rather pathetic looking American ones. I know technically they are worth the same but still...

I had my Oral Exam today and it went ok apart from one obvious mistake. Oh well...

No comments: